Monday, August 13, 2007

My Baby!

Yesterday, Miss D’s little friend C Bear came over to play, along with his parents. After a while the adults all noticed that –hey! We are conversing! With little to no interruption!

That’s right. The kids were doin’ it for themselves. Actually playing together and communicating and running around together. It was awesome!

I have been seeing Miss D on the cusp of this for a little while now but this was the first time I’d seen her and another child really engage with each other for an extended period of time. It is so amazing to see her becoming a little independent person, if a little ur- gak! In the heart area as well.
So when she came running up to me jumped in my lap for an extended cuddle I was only to happy to give her a squarsh and cover her in kisses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesomely sweet mama. And to think, you were also a person who said you could never be a mother.

p.s. Why do I always get the 9 letter security code for comments when it's late at night and I'm tired.

alexis said...

you are indeed turning into a Mommy. I am glad you're enjoying it so much :)

Anonymous said...

That is one of parentings greatest rewards; watching your baby turn into a real person.