Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Coincidence?

They say the south has changed but with a few notable exceptions (Virginia, North Carolina) I don't think anyone looking at that map last night thought that race wasn't a factor in the presidential race...


I got a lot of texts and calls last night when OH was called. It was definitely gratifying to see that Hamilton County went blue. I certainly felt like I played some teeny tiny part in the results. But I think the president elect really hit it when he said that ALL of us played a role in his election. Whether we contributed our time or money to his campaign or even just casting our votes. This is the first president we've had in a while that comes into office not beholden to any special interests. And that is what is most exciting to me.



Now to commence nailbiting waiting to hear about Prop 8....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your contribution in Ohio!!

Listening to Obama's speech last night, it's like a breath of fresh air..long overdue!!!

Bernice said...

Thanks for coming to Ohio. When I saw that Ohio went for Obama I was ecstatic. I kept looking for you at Grant Park. Obama's speech still gives me goose bumps. Thanks for being involved.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Well you should certainly be proud of your work in Ohio. That must have been exciting to see your county go for Obama.

However, don't be naive that Obama is not beholden to special interest groups. ANY president has to call in/promise favors to get support and into office. For Obama it was probably as bad as anyone in the past since he had such a bitter battle with Hillary. They may not be big oil, but they're out there waiting for their piece of the pie......it's just politics.

alexis said...

what an experience - I can tell you all of us here in Europe were sad to miss such a momentous occasion.

But now we are all afraid he is going to be assassinated!