Tuesday, April 14, 2009

All sick

Everyone in my house is ill. We were supposed to go to Detroit for Passover last weekend, but Miss D had a fever of 102 on Friday afternoon. In the middle of the night it was 103 and by the time I took her to the doctor on saturday it had hit 105. They took a test and the results came back on Monday - positive for influenza.

I got off the lightest- a slight cough and a mild fever that started Saturday afternoon and lasted into Sunday. Husband had a cough that started on Saturday but the fever didn't hit until Sunday night going up to 103.

Miss D had seemed a lot better on Sunday and Monday her fever was very low (99) so I took her to school. (Husband stayed home) But this morning her fever was back up to 101 and husband still has a fever and is in no condition to take care of her, so i am stuck at home. Nurse Mommy. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but the timing is terrible with so much going on at work and I am unable to work from home.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about the flu except ride it out.

3 Things:
- I am well
- I am well
- I am well

8 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That stinks that in this day and age that you can't be productive from home. They need to fix that before they become extinct.

Rest and fluids, rinse, repeat.

Mom said...

So sorry to hear Miss D is still ill - and husband too! Hope everyone feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

How terrible! I hope it's all over soon.

Dad said...

Hang there Nurse Mommy. No enjoys dealing with illness.

alexis said...

oh no!! Wishing you lots of get well soon vibes from this side of the pond

Erin said...

Sorry to hear everyone is under the weather (except you)! We missed you this weekend at Passover. Eloise gave a riveting iteration of the Passover story, and Zoe was able to say the four questions in English. As they say, next year in Israel/Detroit!

kegz said...

I hope everyone gets well soon. I agree with Joe. They ought to set something up to let their employees work remotely. That's a pretty big deal.

Anonymous said...

I get my kids flu shots every year. I got the flu several years ago and it was the sickest I've been in my life. I got a shot the next year and broke out in hives. I hope you stay well, Stef. I'm surprised that Yelena got it this late in the season. If you check the CDC map it says levels in Illinois are back down to sporadic, which usually means the flu is well on its way out. Lisa