Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What do you get for the Man who just buys it himself?

Husband's birthday is this Friday. He generally likes to keep it low key and not do anything big about it and he always tells me not to get him anything. But, i always like to get him a little something.

Since March, I have been planning on buying him a Wii game that I knew he wanted really badly, but didn't want to spend the money on. In the weeks leading up to his birthday, he upped his deal search, but I thought I still had a chance to purchase it before he did. No dice. He bought it last weekend. Curses!

So now I need to think of something thoughtful in the sameish price range (nothing over $50). So all of you who know him- help me out!

4 comments:

Dad said...

How about a Al Davis (owner of the Oakland Raiders) voodoo doll so every time he does yet another hair brained move Hubs can stick pins into it or throw it against the wall.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Now that's just funny ESDNM.

Hmmm, I don't know. A guy who buys himself a game two weeks before his birthday might not deserve a gift! Not sure I know Hubs at the gift giving level. A nice shirt he can use for work maybe? That's a toughie.

Anonymous said...

My father does this all the time, but with a twist. First, he asks for some item for his birthday, then right before his birthday he decides to buy it himself.

Unfortunately, this means he mainly gets gift certificates or hugs for gifts.

alexis said...

what about a game you could all play?