Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring is Spronging

The weather is all over the map, the flower beds are full of weeds to be pulled and spring is here again.

We are truly fortunate to have had some incredible spring weather. Generally spring in Chicago is cold and wet until June when it is suddenly scorching.

I have been taking the Bubs for lots of walks and Miss D has had much playground time.

Last weekend, I got the bright idea to move the swing upstairs and the Bubs has been sleeping 7+ hours at a stretch at night in it. Wish I had thought of it a month and a half ago- but very, very grateful and starting to feel like a human being again. At some point he will have to transition out of it but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Now that I have hit a groove with my new SAHM lifestyle, I am really enjoying it. There are still never enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to accomplish. But I appreciate being able to spend all this time taking care of my family in a way I wasn't able to when I was working.

I am even thinking about fashion again a little! I finally got all of my wardrobe out of my daughters closet and back into mine. So very many work clothes. Not very appropriate for the mom on the go. I have lost most of the weight (maybe 5 lbs to go to get to pre-baby) but of course my body is not the same. Now that i am rested i don't really have an excuse not to be finding a few moments to do some crunches, and yet, I haven't found them yet! ;)

3 comments:

Dad said...

Think you need a bit more time before exercise will be part of the routine again.

alexis said...

oh oh oh - I want DETAILS! Details on the day to day of how one goes from work-a-day to home-a-day

Anonymous said...

I don't have any children, but I can't find any time for crunches either. Maybe that has more to do with my distaste for crunches, though.