Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Some things

Just a quickie today..

E-CARDS: I love 'em. There is nothing nicer than opening your inbox the morning of your birthday to find dancing mice or Animal from the muppets wishing you a happy one. Plus, there is no paper to throw away! (Or if you are me, waffle about keeping forever in a box that you will never open until one day 10 years later when you finally decide to throw it out)

BAGELS: I made 'em. Last weekend. And they turned out pretty yummers. In terms of taste and texture they were spot on. The only thing they lacked is the shiny outer crust that you find when you buy them from a good purveyor. I'll keep playing with recipes- they weren't hard to make.

PS: Confidential to certain scotsmens,

Now you hold up your end of the bargain!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day.

stef said...

renee michelle- zee b-day was actually on Friday, it just took me a while to post about it. but it was a great day! Today isn't too bad either actually...

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Stef! Oh to be 30 again. Hope you did some fun stuff....other than bail out the basement. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

You made bagels?!?! You industrious little mama you.

alexis said...

I did remember your birthday AND I mailed (normal snail mail) it weeks in advance to the correct address, but still I cannot get the gift to arrive. I am cursed. E-cards are the way to go.

I am humbled by your baking prowess.