Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My voice is in and out right now and has been for the past 2-3 days. Countdown to rock show: 5 days. gak.

My internet searchings have provided the following: "Ain't sh*t you can do!"
Except: Not talk. Drink lots of water that is neither hot nor cold. pray.

let me tell you, drinking cup after cup of tepid water is making the day fly by. (what with all the many trips to the loo)

Yesterday was so,so,so warm. So deliciously warm. I told husband to fire up the grill. Happily it was a Monday, the one evening Mr.H has off of work. So Mr. and Mrs. H came by and all 5 of us spent a lovely evening in the backyard. Miss Dukes enjoyed looking at all the bugs on the ground.

This is pretty much how we spent most of our summer last year, so it was a delightful taste of things to come. Nobody wanted to go inside when we were done, least of all Miss Dukes! (She sure slept soundly though) Even spent the night with the window open- it never rained like they said it would.

Today the temperatures start their inevitable descent back, back back into the 50's. (please god, not any less then that) But at least we'll have this evening to sustain us until the warmth is here for good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great evening was had by all! Sorry about your voice. If I had any crazy-ass remedies, I'd pass them along. Alas, I have not.

Pulisha said...

You must have sent your bad weather to us :( Its been rainy (well, rainy in the LA sense that it was ever so slightly drizzly), very windy, and even a bit chilly here (I think it dipped into the 60s!). Enjoy it while it lasts!!

alexis said...

maybe you can try gargling with tepid salt water, that's what my Spanish host-mom always recommended. Just to change things up a bit between normal glasses of tepid water.

Mmmm, I think I need to get a grill!