Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Downer

Husband and I finally met with a lawyer yesterday to discuss our will.

Oddly enough, I did not find it that disturbing to think about John and I dying. (spectacularly!) We had discussed previously who we would want to parent Miss D and were on the same page for who should execute our estate.

What I didn't think about was planning for what would happen if all 3 of us died. Of course, the thought of anything happening to Miss D is enough to cause me a heart attack anyway...The thought of all of us suddenly disappearing off the earth made me sad for our survivors, although you know it happens to families all the time.

I wonder if it's any consolation to the surviving relatives to know that they all went together, or if they wish they had at least one left to hold on to?

4 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Well I feel much better about my day now.....JK. Good stuff to take care of, just like an insurance policy. You hope you don't have to use it, but you know you will some time.

alexis said...

There is no way to answer those questions, except to know that whatever combination would suck. All we can do is be grateful for the time we have together.

Love ya' big sis' and fams!!!

Pulisha said...

Yikes! I try not to think about stuff like that. I think any combo would be horrible.

Anonymous said...

I believe in Murphy's Law. The more you plan for it, the less likely it will happen. But I'm with AP - be grateful for the time together and take full advantage of every moment., nothing is guaranteed.