Monday, January 7, 2008

Weekend Bits

The weekend is all done. A mere 2 days seems very unfair after all those holidays. But I am starting to feel ready to get on the stick about all the things i need to get on the stick about. Chief among them working on my career.

I got to spend lots of time with Miss D, which is always a treat. Friday night we went to mr. H's house to watch Ratatouille on the big screen. Miss D almost made it through the whole thing- she and I finished the last 20 mins or so last night. It is as wonderful as everyone says and I'm happy i purchased it. I can't wait to share it with my Dad!

We visited the Kegz family on Saturday and got to see their new baby girl. She was the sweetest, quietest baby I've ever met. It is hard to imagine what it must be like having such a little, tiny, demanding creature is like when you have such a large demanding creature already in your house. ;) By all accounts it seems to be not too bad for them so far.

Saturday night i practiced with my new (as yet un-named) band project. We are having so much fun together and I am really enjoying all the music we are creating. We are going to try to record a demo in February. On our own- no studio to pay for! Which means we could be playing out as early as April. I'll keep you posted. (This also means it was probably very wise for Husband to have talk me out of trying to audition and perform in a Belly-Dance show in February)

Tonight is a bowling party for Mrs. H so I must find a gift and some energy tout suite!

4 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Bowling birthday parties....luv'em!! The new band sounds like quite the project. I think I have a creative bone in my body somewhere.....maybe it's just cartilage though.

Jason Loper said...

see ya at the party, smarty!

Anonymous said...

Bowling - Ice Biking - Belly Dancing - Yes MR the typical middle class professional wife-mom

alexis said...

ooooo a new music project to replace Jupiter??