Tuesday, April 15, 2008

All Quiet on the Biking Front

If you were wondering why I haven't posted about biking for a while, well, it's because I didn't do much biking after mid-January. I discovered that biking in below 0 temps and/or snow was just not something I wanted to do. I managed to bike here and there over the past 3 months, maybe averaging once a week (one-way!)

Now that the temps are truly coming up and it is in the balmy 30's outside, it is time to step it up. And apparently I am not the only one who thinks so!

Every year the bike center seems to get busier. I think it's awesome that so many people are biking, especially the ladies. But practically, moving from being the only person in the locker room to fighting for bench space is annoying. Too bad there is no executive locker room at the bike center.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same idea today. Felt good and much faster than the bus/L for me.

Jason Loper said...

After finally remembering to have my flat tire fixed yesterday, I rode today too! It was great - although I wish I had worn gloves. Brrr!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

What's this bike center place that you mention? Is it at the office?

stef said...

joe.

http://www.chicagobikestation.com/

alexis said...

I must remind myself of how lucky I am to live in a country where biking is so accomodated for. Just today a giant truck slowed and stopped as I cycled by. In the US I would have been mowed over, or forced to stop even though as a "vehicle" I'd have had the right of way.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You weren't a "vehicle" Alexis! You were a pedestrian on wheels. :-)