Friday, July 18, 2008

dirty



Maybe it's the age, maybe it's the season, maybe it's both. My little girl loves making a mess these days. It used to be we could take a bath every other night or so but it seems like these days, every day is necessary. I'm sure a lot of it comes from the simple pleasures of engaging in different textures and experimenting with cause and effect. I have to say that 3 is so much fun in general. Conversations with a 3 year old are entertaining and magical. I can't even imagine what is going on in that little, rapidly-developing brain. This is definitely the time where as a parent you start to make direct connections with your own childhood and rediscover the wonder of the world.

3 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wait, we're supposed to bath more than just every other day? Shit.

Yay for 3 year olds!

Stacy said...

Charlie does the same thing in the sand - it gets EVERYWHERE. He does still have an aversion to dirt on his hands. Go figure. I am really enjoying the 3s so far - the conversations and language development is awesome!

alexis said...

that smile is infectuous! I may need to play in some dirt today too