Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Changing my Passions

AS you may recall from my earlier self-discovery post, I am a dragon of many passions. Unfortunately, most of my passions do not seem to lead me to any productive end and most of them involve me spending money.

As much as I have enjoyed and adore my current fashion obsession- the time has come for me to dial it back a notch. I certainly don't want to go back to the way I was, but at the same time, I really don't NEED a ton of new clothes (my wardrobe is pretty well filled at the moment). I am trying to assuage my shopping by visiting the thrift shop and I am considering organizing a clothes swap. Has anyone done this before? Any tips?

In the meantime I want to re-focus my enthusiasm on something else. Music is an area that has been very neglected of late. My partner in the Shatwrights recently sent me some mixes of songs to work with and they are very inspiring. So I'm hoping to pour myself into a little songwriting. Just as creative and much easier on the pocketbook!

4 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Creativity, fun, no expense....sounds like a winner!!!

Pulisha said...

If only I lived closer! I, too, share a passion for fashion with little cash flow to support it :( Maybe we can arrange something from afar?

alexis said...

sisters of mine - accessories! Best way to make new stuff every day. Mix and match.

Sorry you are feeling the frustration of your myriad interests! I always thought it was one of your greatest strengths.

stef said...

wouldn't you know? accessorizing is like my achilles heel. Actually I am ok on scarves and belts- getting better on bags. It is the jewlery that eludes me....