Thursday, March 12, 2009

Secret 1

So. I am pregnant again.

I don’t know why we were so surprised. It happened exactly as it did the first time, after I had been off the pill for maybe 1 month.

One doesn’t often get a chance to talk and gripe about the effects of the 1st trimester because you have to be sneaky and not tell anyone in case (god forbid) anything should happen to the pregnancy. So I thought I’d go ahead and make some blog posts to maybe be published later when I am free to talk about things.

I’ve never had the experience of not knowing I was pregnant. With this one and the last one we figured it out as soon as my period didn’t show up, took a test and confirmed it. So I wonder how I would be feeling now if I didn’t know. As it is, I am definitely looking for signs of pregnancy in my body, particularly my old friend morning sickness. With my lst pregnancy it didn’t show up for a few more weeks so I figure I have some time.

First time around of course, I didn’t know what to look for. So far I have noticed a slight warmth, almost crampy like feeling in the womb region- which made me think I was getting my period for a while. The biggest effect though has to be my blood sugar regulation. My old doctor subscribed to the notion that morning sickness was brought on by your blood sugar level. And I did find that once he told me this I was able to regulate the nausea by eating something when I felt it coming on. I would describe what I’m feeling now is that sensation but at a much lower level. I get insanely hungry and feel spacey every 1 1/2 – 2 hours but then after I eat something my energy shoots WAY up. Almost like I’ve had caffeine. Interesting.

No comments: