Tuesday, August 11, 2009

26 Weeks

I haven't had much to say about the pregnancy because there haven't been that many changes of late.

A commenter on my last post was very correct to point out that I have been very fortunate with the summer weather, with only a few very hot days. Today the weather dropped back down to a beautiful 80 degrees.

I do feel that i am transitioning from being uncomfortable much of the time to being uncomfortable most of the time. i am very grateful to be out of spending all day in an office chair as i am usually able to shift position (standing, sitting, lying down) as often as i need to.

After mentioning at my last doctor visit that i wasn't feeling a lot of strong kicks, I have noticed his movements becoming MUCH stronger. Still not a lot of sharp movements. (which I suppose I should be grateful for!) But a lot of scrambling and strong pushes. To the point where they are visible.

I'm not sure if it's the weather but I think my feet are getting swollen. A symptom I didn't get the last time and am not really excited about.

Also, I can't seem to eat anything without some of it going down my shirt and/or ending up on my belly. Am I always this messy of an eater? Or is it that these types of crumbs would normally pass easily by my non-gaping cleavage and protruding belly? Please say it is the latter!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - 26 weeks already! I'm sure for you that it doesn't seem like it's going by so fast; but, it makes me realize that fall is just around the corner! Hopefully the last trimester will go by quickly. And who knows, you may get lucky and escape the last few weeks. Ella was originally due Nov. 11 and she was born Oct. 22. Lisa

alexis said...

as I recall you were also very uncomfortable most of your last pregnancy, which totally sucks!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, I'm always concerned for pregnant mothers in the summer. When you see them they always seem SOOOO freaking miserable. When I'm married, I'm only having unprotected sex in the summer!! I don't want to have to deal with that miserableness for three hot months.

I've had meals with you. You're just a messy eater. :-)

Stacy said...

I has swollen feet with C at the end (April) and not with A (Dec) so who knows! At least now you aren't forced to sit at a desk all day. That gets brutal towards the end. Hope you are getting some sleep even though it is probably uncomfortable!

Jason Loper said...

Um, I'm sorry to say it's the former.

Dad said...

No, no, no trust me on this - the mess comes from the protuberance.