Monday, August 10, 2009

Heat is on

I spent the weekend trying to stay indoors and not take my lumbering self into the summer heat- which has finally arrived. Most of that was spent cleaning our house. Not very exciting and fairly exhausting but very neccessary.

Today I took Miss D and our free kids pass from the library to the Field Museum...only to discover it was already free day. (every 2nd monday of the month) Needless to say it was PACKED. We managed to have fun though. Probably her favorite exhibit was the history of the earth, which includes the dinosaur bones. She also was pretty interested in the early hominids. It is fairly challenging to explain the concept of evolution in 4 year old terms. I'm not sure I did the best job.

4 comments:

alexis said...

how cool, we have both stared at skeletons this week!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I need to remember that second Monday of the month thing. I'd like to head down there.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'd say you picked a good summer to be pregnant. There have been only a few 90 plus degree days. That's pretty much as good as it gets! Lisa

Dad said...

I'm expecting scintillating hominid conversation with Dukes the next time I'm in Chicago.